View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 04:00 AM
Aurora

What does it mean that it was juried at the AQS in Paducah?

I recently had a problem with UPS where my regular UPS driver was not working his route on the day my package was scheduled for delivery. His replacement delivered it next door (my mother saw the truck stop over there). I went to check but they were not home. I had called the shipper to report it, they called UPS while I waited and told me someone from UPS would call me within 24 hours. She called less than an hour later, was rude, told me I had no right to go next door to retrieve my package (I got her name). I called my contact at the shipper the next day to let her know I had heard from UPS and the attitude of the individual who had called (gave her the name). My neighbor brought the package to me late the next evening. My regular UPS Driver stopped the next day and apologized. I also reported the rude individual by name to him.

In the past, I have had packages rerouted to 8 year old addresses by UPS because the shipper omitted a street address. After making a lot of noise, even though I was not the shipper, I was able to get the shipment rerouted back to where it was to be delivered. Keep trying UPS, the individual who delivered it to the wrong address is responsible. The problem is that UPS does not require a signature on residential addresses, they can just leave it and it is considered delivered (correct or incorrect).

It is also helpful to keep watching the package's progress via the tracking system. If your husband has been doing all the calling, you might put on your Big Girl Pants, make the call yourself, get a little emotional/hysterical (tempered with a little control and they will actually want to help you). Just don't overdo it, be cordial and thank eveyone who is trying to help (nobody wants to go out of their way -- do more than what is required -- for someone who is too far one way or the other.)

Good luck, I sure hope your quilt makes it home safely.