View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 06:57 AM
auntjo

Sorry, that was iin the original post & forgot to mention it this time :) Tin Lizzie Eighteen

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
so what did you end up buying?

Originally Posted by auntjo
Originally Posted by Dar-midlife
I have been following this post and have been seriously considering a LA for a while and have done a lot of research and test driving. I pretty much have it down to the Innova or Tin lizzie (Nolting not completely ruled out) so I am wondering about those of you who own those brands, if you checked out any of these others and what differences you found to make you choose the one you did. I did read the thread difference thing but were there other deciding factors? If you are more comfortable doing a PM, please do. It is a big investment and I want to do the right thing! Thanks
I don't know about the others, but I also had pretty much narrowed it down to Innova and Tin Lizzie by researching. But also very high on my list was to keep the cost down to around $5000 or less - I'm not really doing this to go into business, tho I won't mind quilting for others occasionally. I certainly don't make that many of my own quilt tops in a years time, but have been having a blast learning with pantographs on our guilds charity quilts for now.. There are some really terrific deals on a couple different used machine sites for bigger throated machines, but I also was pretty OK with the idea of less than 20" for the reach from front to back or back to front and even the idea that I should be pretty well set for quite a long time if I have the capability of quilting in a 15" space. And at this point I really don't need or want all the bells and whistles, just a basic machine that works well and doesn't have issues. What it boiled down to for me was I stumbled on an excellent deal that was actually local to me. So far so good...