Old 03-15-2011, 07:48 AM
JudyG

Mine printed out at 6-1/2" also.

What I see when I look at this block is that you need to cut it apart on the diagonal line and work with it in two sections and make four of each section. I'm not sure why they didn't make this pattern in two sections that way. You need to make sure that you add a 1/4" seam allowance to the diagonal line. I cut mine apart and glued it to another piece of paper. I added the 1/4" seam allowance to the diagonal and will scan it and print four copies. I have marked one as Section A and one as Section B so I'll be able to sew them together correctly. I think that should do it. I have to add the seam allowance to the pattern or I'll forget to make that side a little bigger to allow for the seam and I'll have a messed up piece. I'll try to get mine done today to make sure my thoughts are correct.

One other thing I would suggest is to mark the colors you are using on the pattern. I was just working away and mixed up what I refer to as my background color (the white in the picture) with my star color and had to start over. I have now marked each section with what it is (Dk Background - the dark blue; Star - the lighter blue; background - white). Hopefully that will stop that mistake from happening again.