View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 07:48 AM
quiltmaker

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I just checked and some of the prices were 4.00 a yard but I don't know how their shipping is. Haven't ordered in awhile.

I like Keepsake Quilting but do find their shipping prices high. They price shipping by the amount of your purchase and that is not a feature I prefer. It would be so much cheaper to use the flat rate boxes especially when you order in small amounts but then the larger amount you order the higher it goes. I just ordered four yards of fabric from them that would have easily fit into a flat rate envelope for about $5 but the charge was quite a bit more for shipping (can't remember exact amount). I believe they add in a larger amount of handling charges that most companies I order from do not. I did ask call and ask for another method of shipping but they only ship their way. I would suggest viewing their shipping pricing before ordering to see if you are comfortable with their methods.

Keepsake is a fabulous store with a great reputation but the way they shipped my order took 9 days to get to me and if they had flat rate it would have been 2 - 3 days. Course it took 3 days from my order to leave their store and my fabric was in stock (a 4 yard continous piece). I ordered from them in Germany all the time and got better shipping and speed when we were over there. Go figure....please understand I am not trying to speak ill of them but only relaying my own personal experience. I did speak with them about this but was told this was the only way they did their shipping.

P.S. I have noticed they have lowered their shipping prices some...don't know if it was because I sort of complained or not but really doubt it... I did speak to 3 different people about this issue. Hopefully now it will be less expensive for all of us because they do have a fabulous shop! With the prices of fabrics now the shipping is going to have to be a lot more competitive. :-D