Old 03-15-2011, 09:06 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Deara
Nancy, your quilt is awesome.

I so enjoyed hearing how it was created, using the different vintage and antique machines.

That gives us all inspiration to use several of our vintage and antique machines to create a work of art as the previous owners of our machines did long ago.

Blessings,
Sandi
Sandi, thank you. I really wasn't trying to use a bunch of different machines, but I had started that quilt using my Mother's 1952, 130 Pfaff -- I have always been told to do all the piecing on the same machine so the seams will all match up! After I had pieced them all, I used the 15-88 treadle because that is the one I have set up behind the sofa in the living room for FM, then I went to my Pfaff 1222e because it had the monofilament thread on it and it was set up for attaching the sashings which attached the blocks together, then to the Free treadle to make the binding (it is the one I am piecing with now and has cotton thread on it), then to Betty who will be my machine for attaching the bindings from now on because of that Vertical Feed system, then back to my 1222e Pfaff that is set up with monofilament to finish the binding on the back, now to my Rocketeer because it has a monogrammer to put my initials on the quilt!

So I wasn't just hopping around for the fun of it -- I actually did the quilt the most efficient way I could with would I have to use-which, was a lot of fun! Geeze, if we are all going to have multiple machines, it is fun to set each one up for a specific job to do!

Nancy