View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 12:27 PM
virgwid

I am a new quilter. Just about to start my first quilt- a small wall hanging to get me familiar with everything. I have that one all planned. What I need help with is the next one. I want to do one for my son who is turning 18. He has saved us thousands and thousands of dollars in the last few years by teaching himself home improvement including plumbing, flooring, walls, etc. Has taken my master bath and part of my bedroom down to the studs, repaired the leaky pipes, removed the bathtub, etc, and is in the process of putting everything back together. Amazing young man.

I am wanting to make a quilt for him showing his talents and don't have enough experience to do it right. Can you help? Some possible fabric I have found is on equilter.com. I have a public wish list and would really appreciate any and all ideas, feedback, etc. I am under [email protected] for the wish list. If you have an idea, even if it doesn't involve these fabrics, or you have a pattern, I am listening. I also am thinking I want to incorporate pictures of him transferred onto fabric showing him doing the work. Help!! Oh, the quilter quips is not a part of the possible fabric :) Thanks, Virginia