Thread: SELLING QUILTS?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Scrap Happy

Originally Posted by nycquilter
I will rarely do a commission nowadays for the same reason. I'd rather gift with love than feel that I'm being taken advantage of! However, when I do take a commission now, I ask for the price of the fabric and a donation to my friend's ACS relay for life. That way, more than one person wins!! in fact, we all win. I get to make a quilt (of my choice) for someone, making it with love, my customer (typically a friend) gets a lovely quilt, and ACS can use the money to help find a cure. I love a situation where there are no losers.
What a fantastic idea! I don't make quilts to sell but keep it in back of my mind. My cousin has asked for a quilt and I've added her to the list. She asked how much I would charge her and I told her only for the materials needed to make the quilt. I am a volunteer for the Alzheimer's Association and have a Memory Walk team every year. I could ask her to make a donation for my team if she would like to. She does believe in giving back to her community so I believe she would be happy to do this. Thanks for a brilliant idea that helps our communities too :thumbup: