View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 10:17 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
thanks, grammie2twins! btw, I love your nick. My little gma was 'grammie' for years and years. ppl here in south, laughed! my gbabies call me nana, and one called me nonnie for months till she learned how to say nana. I loved nonnie too! I love to quilt, but I also love to talk, hard to tell ain't it? :wink:

welcome, jamie. I am learning as i go along too. One of the things I am learning, is, I might as well not get too focused on "the right way" cause seems i keep inventing new ones out of necessity, lol! I know what you mean though. I want to learn and improve so that when I grow up, I can sew like ppl on here. man is there some talent on this board! :D
My grandchildren and my great-grands call me Mimi, with accent on both syllables -- as is a lot of our Cajun words. :lol: Most everyone in this town call me Miss Gail, bc I was a teacher here for 33 years and that's what they called me at school. When I was a beginning teacher, my oldest child's class is where I began. Her friends knew me as Miss Gail, so that is how it evolved.

This is not quilting-relating, but an FYI. :D