View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 04:46 PM
juliea9967

I love to do it this way, and to me it is so easy. I put my quilt sandwich together, pin it to keep the layers together, and then I use my embroidery machine to quilt it. The last quilt I did this way I embroidered in the sashing of the quilt. It was made up of 8" blocks with sashing around all blocks. I marked my center in each sashing, and then inserted the bottom part of the hoop in my machine. I got my embroidery machine ready to embroider, and then lined up my center mark with the needle. Then I pushed the top hoop into the bottom hoop. I used an embroidery design that was single stitched hearts nesting. I embroidered the first sashing, removed the top part of the hoop and then moved the quilt to the next position to embroider, using the center mark I had made on the quilt.
After I had done the sashing I just stitched around the animals in all the quilt with the sewing machine. I will try to get close up pictures of the quilting/embroider. It is on display at the quilt shop where I work part time.
I love doing this. For me it is so much easier than trying to stipple or meander or whatever.

Can you elaborate just a little? I am very interested.

Also, I would think one might be able to do several small designs on a strip and then cut and use at corner stones? I have been toying with that idea but haven't tried yet.

Marysewfun[/quote]