View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 05:29 PM
hatchet

Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
Originally Posted by hatchet
Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
Its beautiful! I would go with a small boarder. Going through the same thing as your cousin, I found the smaller quilts were better. It is hard for me lift/pull the larger quilts or blankets. The heavier ones were uncomfortable on my chest. I have a lap quilt that my Grandmother made for me. It just covers me while I am in the chair or hospital bed. And it is light enough I can carry it to treatments. Please remember to put her name on the back of quilt encase it ends up in the hospital laundry. Your cousin will love it.
I'm sorry you have to go threw that! My hubby went threw chemo and he also found that the lighter quilts were better, just because of the temperature changes your body goes threw while you sit or lay there receiving treatment. There was a big room full of people getting chemo and most started fully cover, then an arm popped out, then a leg, then the cover was off, then on again. I made a few quilts for them but one special one for hubby that he left there after treatment. He's 7 years out of chemo now!! YIPPY!! He didn't have super good chances but he got threw it as I know you will too!!
Prayers headed you way sweetie!!
Gracie.
Thank you, I am on the down hill side now. Last path was negative and I just had my last reconstruction surgery on March 3. I am glad your husband is better. Hugs, Eliz
YIPPY!! Real glad to hear it!!