View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Quilting G

Do you have to be in a quilting frame of mind to quilt?

I am almost through a quilt top... it needs the borders. I knocked out the top last weekend, the borders are ready to be cut and the backing is ready to be pieced and put together and there are some details I need to decide if it will be done before I make the sandwich or after I quilt. And what am I doing… surfing and playing web games,,, watched a movie…..

I can’t wait to dive into the next quilt but promised my self I would finish this one and if I got to it I could finish it and move on….

So am I the only one that feels this way??? Now I have been know to start working at about 10pm with the tv going in the background and just knock things out weather it is quilting or what ever.
When I was in school my husband would tease me because we would go to bed 10-11 ish and I would tell him I had to work on a project/paper and needed him to review it for me… then wake in the middle of the night and knock it out in ½ the time.. He thought I was crazy… I guess I am.

So am I the only one that has to be in a certain frame of mind?
Also do you work one block at a time or cut them all out and chain or assembly line them done??

Thanks!