View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by cowpie2
I think I am in shock. Talking to my hubby about how the price of cotton is going up a lot. He told me, well if you know it is going to cost more you should stock up. As long as you plan to make more quilts might as well buy before prices go up. I think a trip to the LQS is on the schedule.
I have a stash, but who doesn't need more. He gave me $40 for Valentine's Day and said to get some fabric. He's so sweet!

Has anyone read the Shenandoah Series of books by Emilie Richards? It is a set of five books that are all named after quilt blocks and there is an old woman who has an attic full of stash, going way back to the beginning of time, I think!!!!!! And if anyone needs fabric, they can go up in the attic and pick out what they want and can make a quilt with it. I would love a neighbor like that. Very very good books!

They are: Wedding Ring
Endless Chain
Lover's Knot
Sister's Choice
Touching Stars

In that order!!!!!! Just thought I would throw that in. They also are in audiobook form from the library also.

I don't think anyone can have enough stash, providing they look at it once in a while, feel it, and sort of plan ahead what it can be used for. Edie