Thread: Coats threads
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 03:21 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by annesthreads
Thanks for all these replies. Lots of different opinions! I'll have to give the threads a try and see if my machine and I like them.
If I remember correctly, you have a Janome 4400? My 6600 works a treat with YLI soft touch for piecing (I'm in the UK too!). I used to buy it online from Jaycotts but they seem to have stopped stocking it, however two of my LQS stock it. I also use Aurifil for piecing and quilting and Masterpiece and King Tut for quilting, Bottom Line in the bobbin. Superior Threads (ie the last 3 I mentioned) I get online from http://www.craftyquilter.co.uk/ . Joanna there is brilliant, excellent fast service and will get you any colour you like if she doesn't have it in stock. She got me the shadecards which are made up with real thread so you can order the colour you want with confidence.

I have no experience of Coats though, sorry. I have a friend with the same machine as I and in addition to YLI and Superior, she also uses Mettler with great success I believe, for quilting. :-D