View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 06:13 AM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Oh so pretty!
Hmmm yes used the glue stick and glue the whole paper onto the top fabric. Also I only used 4 fabrics on top of each other. The paper I used was printer paper maybe it was too thick? I am jus tglad it worked with marking the mat because this patterna dn the sq in a sq are just too much fun. I like both but it is easier to work the square in a square because you do not hav eto worry to much about lay out. I'll post mine too when I get it done along with the square in a square that I made for a yet unborn grand baby. Anna
I used printer paper, too. I just had to be extra careful with it, as when you cut through it, it does want to slide. I just made sure the paper pieces were still lined up correctly before I proceeded with the second cut through the paper. I used the Elmer's School Glue stick and got the best adherence. Another brand I tried that was specific to fabric did not hold well enough.

Thanks for the tip on the sq in a sq layout. :thumbup: I really look forward to doing that one, too. Looking forward to seeing yours when you're finished. Keep up the great work!