View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Happy Tails

I will try to make this as short as possible. I just simply have no words to express just how much this board has come to mean to me. The past 5 years of my life (I wouldn't dare go back any further LOL) have not been very happy years. I lost my father and then 3 weeks ago I lost my dear little mother, who lived with me and was also my best friend our whole lives. Needless to say, I really haven't done very much quilting. I do, however spend a lot of time on this site, learning, smiling, laughing right out loud, and crying - who ever knew we could cry for people we have never met, nor probably will we ever meet. One's pain, is everybodys pain and honest to God, you can't buy what we have here on this board.

Back to the point of my story lol Unlike a lot of you on this board, quilting does not come natural for me, I struggle but for some reason, continue to love it, have a ton of fabric and lots of "stuff" Every time I come on this board, I learn things that have helped me so much. I struggle even more than normal with joining the binding at the ends.....I bought the Fons & Porter binding tool, but I must be stupid because I still struggled and probably took 1/2 hour just to attach the 2 ends.....One day I read a tut by Kitsie showing how to do it, with typed instructions plus pictures (which is what I need) well low and behold, I followed her tut word by word, picture by picture and now I can join my bindings in minutes!!!! Kitsie, you are freaken awesome and I cannot thank you enough. Since learning that method, I thought I'd show you some of my finished projects..I think it is so important for you people who take your precious time away from your quilting to type and take pics for tuts, really know just how much you are appreciated and haved so many of us on this board..This is the first time I posted pics, so I hope they work. THANK YOU BOARD from the bottom of my heart for always being here and just for being the wonderful people that you are...........Wendy (in Nova Scotia)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-170489.jpe   attachment-170490.jpe   attachment-170491.jpe