View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

The two Walmarts near us used to have very large fabric departments. They were considerably reduced, but I think that enough people complained and now they're back, although with not as much floor space as before.

The formerly large departments had a huge section with bargain fabrics - some as little as $1/yard! I really miss that, but if you dig a bit, you can still find fabric for $2.50/yd as mentioned.

I still chuckle over this, but at one point there was never anyone around to cut the fabric. One night there was a pile up of people waiting for over 40 minutes! I picked up the phone at the cutting table several times during this and asked them to send someone. Finally, I told them that we were all cutting our own fabric. Well, they showed up fast and in a panic!

A couple of weeks ago we were again faced with no one to cut. This time a nice lady from another department came by. She cut the fabric and pulled stickers out of a draw and just wrote the price per yard x yards. I returned a week later and no one was around, so I did it myself. (No I didn't give myself any bonus yardage!)

Still better than Joann, but I mostly use Joann for lace fabric. A good bargain when you have coupons.