Old 03-16-2011, 12:56 PM
natalieg

I was curious about who on the board here has made or is making this quilt? So far, I have found two people other than myself who are currently working on it. It is a very beautiful quilt and I am enjoying it a lot!
I am making it for my oldest son's wedding. I have posted my progress on it from time to time and would like to see finished ones and other's progress.
As you can see by mine in the pattern layout picture, I have not yet finished block 9. It is the center block and needs a few additions....just as soon as I overcome my fear of Y seams!

I am unsure as to why it bugs me, but did any of you who have made or are making the pattern notice that the designer has put the three star blocks in a row as well as the three blocks that are square and triangles...to me that looks weird, so I am going to change the layout of them. Another thing that I notice with my color choices is that the background colors in the blocks make most of the lighter ones group together.
In this pattern, the designer calls for the border fabric only in two blocks and the border. I need to incorporate it in more as this is the only fabric the bride-to-be has chosen. So, I will be taking the flying geese border that goes around this center and the zig zag through the geese border will be the border fabric.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!
Feel free to share.....and pictures too!!!

In the layout as per the pattern.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170601[/ATTACH]

Blocks, I forgot to put the little flying geese sets in the picture....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170602[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-170596.jpe   attachment-170597.jpe