View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 04:55 PM
angelheartiowa

Years ago, Connecting Threads sold regular quilt store quality fabric, the same name brands as the quilt stores. They sold them at a pretty good price. However, a few years ago (2 or 3??), they began having their own fabric lines. They sell it at a far lower price than the quilt store quality fabric. When I ordered their own label fabric, AT FIRST, I thought is was wonderful and it felt so nice. Then I prewashed it. The nice feel disappeared right away. It did not have the fine texture and tight weave that a quilt store quality fabric has.

The fabric you bought from Connecting Threads in the 1990s was not the Connecting Threads fabric, the fabric you purchased back then was quilt store quality fabric.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Originally Posted by angelheartiowa
I have purchased fabric from Connecting Threads. The old saying is, "You get what you pay for." I don't purchase CT fabric any more since it is not as nice as quilt store quality fabric.
Years ago I wasn't a fan of CT fabrics but never had any complaints about the quality. One quilt I made from a CT kit back in the 90's is holding up excellent and it's a drag around quilt used all over the house. I have found it outside dirty and wet many times, toss in the washer and dryer, it does have stains but not even the binding has frayed.