Old 03-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Crossstitcher

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
Nancy, let say this and I have to hit the hay cause tomorrow is another work day, but your quilt is gorgeous. You don't suffer from Adult ADD, do you.
Cherrybsixty, I know you are not trying to be funny because ADD is not a funny subject, but I had to laugh. Sorry. No, I just come from a rancher family - my Dad was a cowboy. I was raised by the creed that as long as there is daylight you keep busy. My family did not have 9 to 5 jobs so I was taught at an early age to make my life productive - which means you work from dawn to dark! It drives my husband nuts sometimes, because he could watch movies all weekend, and he thinks after 5 you should be just sitting watching TV. That is from the way he was raised and our jobs! I want to make the most out of every day of my life - DH is much more laid back then I am - it has been a joke between us for 30 years that I can't sit through more than one movie -- then I have to do something!

Nancy
That's one of the reasons why treadles and HCs are so handy--you can do both!!
I'm not really good at sitting still myself, but I'm also probably ADD (my kids are all diagnosed; I see no reason for an official diagnosis at my age), so I never really FINISH anything.

It doesn't help that the @#$% phone keeps ringing. Anyone else hate the telephone??
Yes especially if you break you neck to answer and it's a D%%mn recording to tell you about a credit card you don't have and don't want. GRRRRRRR