Thread: Public Speaking
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 05:34 PM
DogHouseMom

I gave my first full seminar today :) And ... I "winged" it. No script, no practicing other than I had already viewed the slides. Of course I was very familiar with the subject matter so it was easy to know what each slide represented. When I was done the seminar attendees and my team members - who all knew that I was a "virgin" (their word not mine - who was I to correct them :) ) - all said that my presentation was excellent. I'm very happy to have this "under my belt". The rest will come easily. The subject was dogs of course.

And now back on Quilting topic .... during my visit to Louisville I did indeed manage to visit a LQS! It was a lovely shop, had a TON of batiks and brighs but oh my the prices were outragoeous! So I only bought a little - a few batiks that I knew my LQS didn't have in colors I needed, a Kaffe Facet that I plan on doing an OBW with, and of course the OBW book.

Also got to see many of my good friends from across the country that I typically only see once a year, if that. And their dogs of course.