Old 03-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Ps 150

Originally Posted by cherrio
I have a Whirlpool HE front loader. I have had 2 service calls on the filter clogging already! I asked the repairman why it happens. he explained that the front loader uses less water so the pump is not as strong, and doesn't push water/hair etc out as well. Also I have dogs and cats. hair! so now I will wash the dogs beds/blankets and my area rugs at the laundramat. He was nice enough to show me how to check it and fix it myself! just something to consider if you are considering a front loader.
Oh no! That stinks. DH's company sells these machines so he's been coached in how to sell them but for his particular store, he handles the service issues and delinquency issues (for those that don't make payments) so he knew all about the service problems with frontloaders. Ours is a Whirlpool Cabrio toploader with the dryer to match for that reason. He says we will never get the frontloaders. He always has to send the frontloaders out for service since the seals are constantly going on them. Once the customers' warranty is up, they're on their own and he feels so bad for them. He's been selling the Cabrios for a while now and not one of them has had to be serviced so we went with those.