Thread: Men Quilting
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 12:18 PM
judyjo

My husband is not a quilter but appreciates anything I do in the line of needlework. In fact whenever I finish something he asks me if I'm going to submit it for the county fair. He has other hobbies and is good at things I can not do. However, I do have 2 grandsons that quilt. One is 13 and has attended several kids quilting camps that Joann's fabric runs during the summer months. He lives in OH so I can't help him much but he does very well. His 12 year old cousin who is only about 90 miles away from us asked me to teach him how to quilt. Before he was able to get down to my house his other grandmother helped him with a lap quilt. Since then I helped him with a quilted pillow and he's now working on a scrap lap quilt whenever he comes down for a visit. He doesn't have access to a sewing machine at home and doesn't visit too often so it's slow going, but that's OK, too. His quilt pieces are here in a plastic box waiting for him whenever he comes. I do the cutting with the rotary cutter for him.

It's strange but I don't have any daughters or granddaughters but two of my grandsons have expressed this interest in quilting as well as learning how to knit and to do xstitch. So I still have the fun of teaching someone.

Judyjo