Old 03-17-2011, 05:59 AM
mar32428

Originally Posted by ncredbird
At Dollar Tree they sell a 30X22" sheet of rigid styrofoam board for $1.00. It is in the paper and crafting section. I think kids use it for display boards when the do school projects and science fairs. I had purchased a package of those plastic fabric organizers and liked the concept but couldn't afford enough of them to use for all of the fabric I had. I thought about the possibility of using the styrofoam board. It is acid free. I cut the board into 11X6" pieces so there were 10 per sheet. I wrapped the fabric around those and secured with plastic paper clips. Very little money invested and I haven't had any of them break. They are inexpensive enough that I toss them out when they no longer suit my purpose but they will probably be here longer than I will. Ann in TN
Foam board comes in two types. One is very strong with wood between the top and bottom layer. The other has pressed paper and about the strength of a sturdy cardboard box. We use the wood filled to build miniature rooms and doll houses and it's very reliable. It's easy to cut which is good for the less tool knowledgeable gals. All you do is score a line with a sharp knife and snap it on the edge of a table or counter. I use a 4' x8' for my display board cause I can stick pins in it.