View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 06:43 AM
Lady Diana

Here somes the flood...everyone has their special needs when it comes to machines. Most machines these days have the start stop and needle up down and now alot are including the auto thread cutter. So after the features, you want the best machine for the money and the one with the least service history. So far Janome fits the bill. I would not trade my 6600 for anything, not even the new Horizon. I like the Horizon, but for the extra $1300 or more, I can live with a little less space, and the swtich plate being automatic to single hole. I cannot live without the auto thread cutter, so I purchased the Janome 3160 to take to class. It weighs 12.5 lbs. and has the threadcutter. I found that most of my classes involve about 6 hours of piecing. The Accufeed on the 6600 is wonderful, no more looking around my old walking foot. You can see where you are going.
I have had Janomes in my sewing room for 35 years. All of my machine still work with no problems. Never have taken them in for service. I keep them clean, oil the wick, and treat them with respect when hauling them around. I have two 6600, 4900,3160,9000, & 350E that I use routinely. My other machines I take out and run occasionally. Lastly, I have a Babylock Evolve Wave that is a dream with authomatic threading....wouldn't sell this one either. We love our machines.
I get nervous when I see my husband lurking. He is an architect/engineer and I can see that look of "wonder how thiis thing is put together" in his eye. I have told him that if he touches my machines, he is vapor. Ha!
D in TX