Old 03-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Katia

My husband found her on Craigslist last week. I saw her also, but late at night and figured since the price was so low, she would already be gone. They were asking only 150.00. I didn't know that my husband has seen it also and emailed the lady. Well, I was so excited till he told me that he got another email telling him that she had found out it was worth much more and had emailed a few people to see if they would pay more. Why does this always happen? So we sorta figured it was gone again. Then late, night before last, we got an email that said we could have it if we still wanted. So I asked her what she planned to ask for it, and she said that 150 would be ok. But we needed to pick it up the next day. So I went to town and met her at her work and bought it. I think she was still hoping for more money, but did say that she was not sure it even worked. So I paid her the 150 and was happy with that.

I used the cord from my other Featherweight since it was still plugged in and nothing. No power at all. My husband looked it over and could not find anything wrong, So I tried the cord she came with and zoom, off she went. A little clunky, but the stitch was fine.

So this morning I got her all cleaned up with new oil and grease. Then I polished her a bit and cleaned up her box.

When I tried sewing again, she was still a bit clunky. We looked her over and listened, but could not find the clunk. I finally figured out that the light was loose. So I fixed that and now she purrs like a kitten. A really pretty shiny black kitten. She has the usual dings and missing some decal, but then I would too if I were as old as she is. She was born in 1942, in Elizabethtown, New Jersey.

So what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-170969.jpe   attachment-170970.jpe   attachment-170971.jpe