Old 03-17-2011, 11:57 AM
LivelyLady

d
Originally Posted by feline fanatic
TJ Lane Thimbles. I like them because they are the ONLY and I mean only thimble I have ever been able to use. They fit and they work. I can't tell you how many I have tried prior to trying the TJ Lanes. The price of them will give you a heart attack though!! They are sterling silver and run roughly about $100 each now. :shock: :shock:

http://www.thimbles2fit.com/cgi-bin/...mble_open_main

When I got mine the one I use on my index finger was $60. I actually had to think about it for a year! I saw them at a local show one year and the next year the vendor was there again so I tried it out again at the show, the vendor properly sized me and I bought it. I still had problems dealing with spending that much for a thimble for weeks. But after using that for several years I got one for my thumb and the price had gone up to $80. I didn't bat an eye because I knew this thimble worked for me.

Yes incredibly expensive but worth it as I will most likely never ever have to buy another thimble again. She guarantees them for life and if you wear a hole into them she fixes it for a nominal charge.
That is the one I have too and I got it at a quilt show....best investment. It cost me $80 and was worth every cent. Because it is silver and I hadn't used it for a few months it tarnished, but a little toothpaste shined it up beautifully.