View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Debbie B

I finally wore my Brother walking foot out. Unfortunately there aren't any Brother dealers close by. So a month ago I went to the Viking Center in Joann's across town. The lady sold me a generic walking foot. It fit ok, but the hole for the needle was so much smaller than the Brother that I had to make sure that I was on a certain stitch where the needle is in the middle & not to the side. Anyway, that one broke. A little medal arm fell off in my hand. So, when my husband was on that side of town he exchanged it. This one leaves a little oil trail. Yikes! Took it back to the Viking Center and was told that they have a 3 day refund policy and that there's no need to exchange it because all walking feet are oily and will leave a trail at first. I've never had this problem before. I've taken a wet rag tried to clean it. I've sewn scrap pieces til I 'm blue in the face & still there is a trail of little dark spots. I'm stuck with this foot now. I will order a Brother on line. Anyone else ever have an oily walking foot? And another thing...why is it that there is such a wide range of prices for a new Brother SA140 foot on line? From $29 to $78....come on!!!!