Thread: Half-Way There!
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 07:02 PM
aorlflood

Originally Posted by CorneliaVa
BEAUTIFUL work ..... I assume you are going to keep this for yourself, right?

I think you are doing an amazingly QUICK job of it if you are already half-way-there ..... This will be a treasure, for sure!

If the blue would not wash out for one reason or another, wouldn't the reverse be a mirror image of what the top is? If you are using a plain white backing, I don't see that it would make a difference..... or are you using something other than white?

A few more questions:
What will the finished size be?
Did you spray baste it? .... it seems you have a line of straight pins, and that is all ....
What are you using for the batting?

Yes, this one is for ME (& DH, of course! LOL)

I did not use solid white for the backing. I chose a black & white toile so it can be used either side up...depending on my mood! :)

The finished size will be 90 X 98.

I did not spray baste it, I have a 3-rail Hinterburg hand quilting frame so that you don't have to baste the quilt. Because this is only the second quilt I have done on this frame, and there is a "learning curve" to getting the tops loaded on it perfectly, I'm not there, yet! :) That's why there is a line of straight pins. It's hard to explain, but sometimes I get areas that aren't very smooth even though the rod is as tight as I can get it. So I just smooth those areas with my hands and then insert pins to keep it smooth till I quilt that area.

I'm using Hobbs Premium 80/20. It's the first time I've used this one and the verdict is still out...

I usually use Quilter's Dream.