Thread: Coats threads
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Bubblegum0077

I've recently purchased 3 spools of Coat and Clark thread for my daughter's Italian flag and the thread kept breaking every two inches. Talk about time consuming and I have to clean my bobbin case way too many times. I even turned to my troubleshooting section in my Janome operator's manual and the bottom line is the quality of the thread. I am not impressed at all with this brand and will never buy it again. I always got it at WalMart, but now I am buying my thread from Connecting Threads online. I just ordered their 100% polyester thread in the large cone style that long arm quilters use in charcoal and silver and can't wait to try it out. A sale on the charcoal urged me to get 4 large cones and a silver was regular price. I was told that their threads are high quality and the lint is less because of that quality. I've used a natural color in 100% cotton from Connecting Threads and was impressed that the thread didn't break as often as the C&C brand. I plan to stock up over the next few weeks.