Old 03-17-2011, 11:48 PM
jraff

A friend kindly asked me if I sewed for other people, because her high school daughter would like a quilt of all her volleyball shirts. I said I didn't sew that way, and had never done a T-shirt quilt, BUTTTT if S would like to come over, we could figure it out together as her summer project before she went to college. So mom and S came over and we went through the shirts. Decided on a size for squares, material needed and off they went. I think we did 2 more afternoons that way, and it was a learning experience for all. Needless to say, Sept. came and S went off without a finished quilt. S was mom's 3rd and last child, so mom suddenly had an empty nest, no more school volunteering, and needed "a project." She got a DOG!!!! But she did find time that fall to come over one last time for final completion. I didn't see it, but Mom was happy with the results. She couldn't wait to gift it to her for Christmas. Now the other two want quilts, but they can ask Mom and S. Sure, I spent 3 or 4 afternoons with them, but we enjoyed it. "If you teach a person to quilt,.....