View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Sondra

My Sams are all rescues from Play It Again Sams. Sasha is my old girl, 10, Sampson, 6 and Bindi Su 3. We had a former Sam, Fox, who died at 13 and he and Sampson were great buddies. When Fox died Sampson grieved so much we adopted Sasha. Well, she hated Sampson and would have nothing to do with him--her mate was adopted prior to our adopting her and she has NEVER gotten over that loss. Consequently, it was suggested that I foster this 13 week old puppy to help Sampson. Well, needless to say, it has been almost 4 years and we still have the puppy, Bindi Su. She and Sampson play a lot. However, Sampson has severe hip dysplasia on both hips and both legs have tendon issues. He has had a tendenotomy on the right front leg and limps a lot and cannot walk to far or run, etc. He was abused badly by his former owner (or whatever you might call them). I love them but they don't enjoy my quilting at all--they want me to stop and play and pay attention to them--stop with the sewing stuff. I love them, but I don't like all the hair. Do you do your own grooming? I try but I have just found out I am allergic to dogs! Not that I will ever get rid of any of them. I also have 3 cats, who are also rescues and currently am feeding a feral cat outside. Just one of those people with a sucker sign on their door. I love it.