View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 03:33 AM
quiltingfan

I Must say, that after all the quilts I have finished, this one is one that I am extremly proud of. I have used so many techniques that I learned about from all of you.
1. I used the 1/4 footthat I would not have looked for in my box of feet that came with my machine if someone on here did not brng it up. It made it so much easier to make sure that I kept my seems true the all the way through.
2. I finally have a boarder that is put on the correct way. I have tried different techniques and finally got it... So proud...
3. I did an all over miandering quilting on it to hide the fact that my squares where not quiet squares. One of those things that nobody will notice but me... :-) I do not know if I actually "like" the look of the quilting now, but what is done is done.
This quilt will be raffled off for the army to support the service members in need. I did it last year and raised $375.00 .

YOu can see the backing on this one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171289[/ATTACH]

Close up of the block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171290[/ATTACH]

I think next time I will try to do a pattern that will enhance the block. I finally "get" that part of it when I finished thie meandering. LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171291[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171284.jpe   attachment-171285.jpe   attachment-171286.jpe