View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 03:54 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by BrendaK
:P Hi all, I know that it is good to get up every once in a while when you are sewing. Because I iron my seams as I go it gets to be like I am up down, up , down. I do know that some people finger press seams, that doesn't work well for me. In a tutorial I once saw (don't remember where) the person giving the instructions used a roller to press down the seams. This looked like it would work well for me. I have checked out a lot of sites and I can't find anything like the roller she had. The roller looked a lot like a very very small paint roller. Only of course it was made of harder material. I will still get up and do the regular ironing but I would like this for use until I have two or three seams that need pressing. Does anyone know what this is called and where I could find it to purchase? You all are always so helpful that I know someone out there knows what I am talking about. Look forward to seeing your replies. Thanks BrendaK
They are called "brayers". I used to use one in decoupage, it was made of a hard rubber. Try looking in the art supply section of your local craft store or in the decoupage section. I think I have also seen wooden ones.