Old 03-18-2011, 04:11 AM
LovingIzabella

Originally Posted by janRN
April, I don't know anything about MVP HealthPlan per se, but the questions you need to ask are regarding your meds. I know you're on specialized meds and you have to find out if they're on the plans Formulary. I've found with a lot of my patients that when they switch insurance plans, the new plan will not pay for the exact same meds-they pay for what's on their list (formulary). Many times these don't work, they have to try another drug on the formulary, and then if that fails and the dr writes a letter explaining the failures then the original medication is approved and paid for. I'd hate to see you have to start over on trying to get your meds adjusted. Ask to see a formulary/list and find out if your specific meds are on there-not what many plans call "equivilent medications".
Good luck-I know how expensive insurance can be. DH is 2 1/2 yrs unemployed so some times we drop our insurance for a few months.
Thanks so much for the feedback Jan-I sure do appreciate it. They sent me a link to check my prescriptions which I am going to do this morning because I cannot be without meds (which I now know for sure as I went the week plus without them and thought I was going to die!)
How are you and hubby doing? And adorable Patches? We would love to come meet you and Patches some day :-)
Hugs
April