Old 03-18-2011, 06:10 AM
kaykwilts

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
For me, I have a very frugal hubby which most of the time I appreciate. He want's to get value for his money, he's very careful of what he buys and expects me to be as frugal. I think if I would only buy what I was going to use for a project he probably wouldn't give me the sad look.

Plus my stash isn't very pretty so it sort of looks like a mess to the nonquilty people. I mean, I understand my piles...

A few years ago I mentioned I wanted a new sewing machine because the one I had was very basic, I wanted to get a few more bells and whistles. He went to the fabric store by himself and talked with the sewing machine lady and bought me a brand new Viking DSE. This is the man who doesn't bother buying presents for major events. His thing is a kiss and a "I love you" So I was completely blown away with a $5k sewing machine that I would have never bought for myself.
this is my hubby too. A frugal man that loves to see me happy, and never hesitates to let me purchase something I want if I think I need it!!! He just smiles :thumbup: