Old 03-18-2011, 07:12 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mrs B
Thanks Rhonda. I just finished my red and white quilt for the Doll quilt swap and used your templates to make the wing blocks. I used your Grace block to make the doll quilt. Turned out pretty well, not perfect. Still need practice. This would make the process of making the wing block easier I think I will have to have a go at making them again.
Can't wait to see it Mrs B! Don't worry too much about being perfect. None of us are perfect. And with practice you will get better. The process is the important part. As long as you understand the process then you can enjoy the benefit of easy steps.

Most of the time the cutting out is the step that is not as good as it could be. If you try to have a good square and not have a crooked square you will get a better result. I also make sure when I join two squares that they are straight and not crooked. These are the two sore spots for me. I have to check these and fix them if they are off. I measure and straighten each time I join squares or sets of squares.