Old 03-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Butterflyblue

Tried using this today - I'm using an old version of Open Office Calculator, and that probably has something to do with the problems I encountered. I tried to update, but it wouldn't do it.

Anyway, I wanted to print, as I was working up some easy quilts for a charity group. Kept telling me that there was nothing there to print. After adding some text, it showed that it would print, HOWEVER, halfway through coloring my squares, I found that it quit adding color, like it ran out of pain or something :) I have no idea why it did that, but it just refused to color squares anymore.

So I copied and painted the empty grid (the quilt "skeleton" I'd made by outlining squares in Calculator) into Paint, and WOW, that's the way to go (for me). Since I was using the paint bucket to fill in squares, it went much faster in Paint than it had having to chose the color for each square again in Calculator, and the problem I'd had before with Paint was that I couldn't get a good blank grid. This works perfectly, and I never, ever would have figured it out without your tutorial. THANK YOU!