Old 03-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Shelbie

Our LQS is a Husqvarna dealer and has this set-up in a room they will rent out for $50 if you have taken the introductory lesson. Our guild quilts several charity quilts there every month. The system is a good one to begin on because it doesn't take up as much room and you can learn all the basics on it. We usually do a meander or a simple edge to edge pantograph. It usually takes us about an hour to get a 72" X 96" quilt loaded and another 2-3 hours to quilt it. Towards the bottom, when the rolled quilted part is getting thick, you only have about 4 or 5 inches deep to quilt. We usually can get two passes before refilling the bobbin. The machine is usually great for tension but has a slightly different way of threading and you need to make certain the bobbin is fully snapped in. We did add a leader and ender to pin or baste our quilt to as without, we couldn't get to the very bottom row of the quilt. I'm glad that I have been able to use this machine set-up as I've decided that I am not as in love with this type of quilting as I though I'd be and I no longer want to buy my own.I have been a slow learner but I'm sure that if I did it more frequently that this would change. I hope you can try one before buying.