Old 03-18-2011, 10:03 AM
patmas57

Well, I was getting worried at first reading this thread with so many declaring they didn't have to hide. You are lucky to have such understanding SOs. My DH just doesn't understand why I would ever need another scrap of fabric when I already have so much. Recently I bought a piece for backing, and he was astonished that I "needed" fabric. I had to explain what it was for, and then he seemed mollified. It's worse because most of the fabric in my stash was purchased with garments in mind and aren't suitable for quilting. (I'm working on destashing those.) Don't get me wrong; I can do whatever I want. But, as another board member remarked, I just don't like the looks and disapproving remarks.

That being said, I mostly used the whisking the fabric into the house when he wasn't looking or wasn't home. And I like the cover of "Oh, I already had that." I think I've considered using that from time to time but haven't needed to. At the height of my "illness," though, I actually had fabric delivered to my work! We had a great central mailing unit that distributed letters and packages to our offices. I did finally start getting a few notices stuck onto my fabric purchases stating that they suspected these packages were not "workplace-related." LOL!

Yeah, I did feel a little guilty, but it was my money.