View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

For my actual birthday present (on top of the movie Rango and taking me out for dinner at a hibachi grill/sushi bar) my boyfriend took me to a quilt shop to buy fabric. Didn’t have any luck finding the Moda marbles I wanted for my big project unfortunately, but we had fun and the ladies there loved him for taking me there for my birthday. If you’re ever in La Crosse, WI check out Olive Juice Quilts. The ladies were incredibly plesant and the place is just darling.

Anyways, Joe had spotted this gorgeous dark green mottled fabric with gold specks from the Stonehenge line. He really liked it so I had the thought to buy it and if things work out with him I’d make a quilt for him somewhere down the line. He had to sit down for a bit because a few weeks ago he injured his back and can’t stand for long periods of time. So I set the couple bolts I had down on the table he was sitting at…and the wheels in my head started going and it suddenly just hit me that this green fabric would be the perfect fabric for this Packer colored quilt I was going to make for my childhood friend’s dad (who lost his battle with throat cancer about a month and a half ago). So I brought more bolts to the table and he helped me pick out the other three colors I needed: another 2 Stonehenge and a pale yellow Prisma Dye (there wasn’t a bright yellow Stonehenge). Yes, I said he helped me pick out fabric. Lol.

I didn’t know how much I needed so I just got half a yard of each. That’s where I need help. I need helping figuring out what’s the biggest quilt top I can make with just half a yard of each color. I know I will end up killing plenty of brain cells as well as a tree (with all the paper I’d use) if I try doing the math myself.

Here's the quilt design (design created in Photoshop. Actual fabrics were scanned and put into design....fabrics not to scale with design...scans don't fo fabric justice)

[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...ckerfull-1.jpg[/IMG]