View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 03:10 PM
seweasy

Hi! I've finished the Mystery lessons at Electric Quilt called Skylights. After finishing them I liked the quilt so much, I've decided to make it; but I need some "reassurance" about what I'm thinking about doing!!!
The picture of quilt is included in the link, scroll down about half way down passed the diagrams of the blocks.
http://www.electricquilt.com/Users/F...hts/finale.asp

I want to use slightly different colors than what is suggested. I would like to use in the log cabin blocks( lightest color above and behind the buildings) a more peach coral color to resemble sunset. Then just above that(still in the light area) a very light shade of blue rising up to the dark areas. So there won't be near as light color as the picture shows and would look more a evening sunset. Then instead of the yellow stars I'm thinking about making them white.
Am I too far off base with what I thinking? I already have a special title for the quilt if I can do it this way. Sure would appreciate any thoughts! This will be my first "really big" project and want to do it right. I love the fabrics I've collected so far! Thanks, Chris