Old 02-11-2009, 05:05 PM
camillacamilla

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
GailG:
I'm beginning to feel like the Lone Ranger. I must be the only quilter who has no pets (as I've mentioned on another thread, my only pets are the dust bunnies under the furniture.)

LOL!...nonsense Gail. Every pet on here is family. You have more pets than you know what to do with and more love too! I feel a little bad when ppl talk about their pets being inside, but me and hubby have allergies. One of my girls had a parakeet and every time I went in her room I came out chasing after my nose...(running, lol! I knew somebody might go, huh???) :lol:
I can relate to the allergies. Which is funny, because I was a pet groomer for many years. I am not allergic to dogs, but have developed an allergy to cats. And I have 5 PERSIAN CATS. It doesn't bother me until I give them haircuts. Then my nose is on FIRE!! Itches and burns sooooooo bad. It wasn't like that when I groomed full time. My cats are all very old, and have to have haircuts for hygiene reasons, so it has to be done. (They are inside kitties too. 3 of them where "throw aways" no one wanted.) I did have 6 persians, but one of them died in Nov of 07 at 17 1/2 years old. Blind as a bat but old Eli could knock a doberman in line like nobody's business!

I haven't posted a pic because my quilt is in heavy use now. And no doubt, covered in hair. I do think my next quilt will have a higher loft batting for the dobermans to stay a little warmer. They get cold easy.