Old 02-11-2009, 05:12 PM
camillacamilla

Do you display them? Promptly put them on the bed for use and love? Give them away? I must admit, for the most part I am STINGY. I put so much time and effort into handquilting, and I feel it is my art. So I store them away. I have to stop doing that! Somewhere in my mind, when I am dead and gone, some great-great-great-great niece/nephew whatever will marvel at the time and effort put into it, and maybe know who I was.

My father died almost a year ago, and when it isn't so painful, I plan to take his old work shirts and "going to see his girlfriend" shirts and make quilts for my niece and nephew, his only grandchildren. Oh, I have to explain the "going to see his girlfriend shirts"..my mother died in 1990. Daddy had a girlfriend since 2000 that died in 2007. He had his work clothes (he had his own logging/timbercutting business), and then there were his good clothes he would wear to take his girlfriend to dinner or the movies. Those quilts I will give to them, with a tag on the back stating who he was, and why he was special. My other quilts, though, I will probably still be stingy with, lol.