Old 03-18-2011, 07:02 PM
FranCFries

My first DH didn't care, what ever I wanted to do was OK. I was a widow for 10 years (that is when I got into quilting in a BIG way), made my own money bought fabric when I wanted to (sometimes just to make ME happy). DH #2 just doesn't understand at ALL. When I moved into our new (only new to use), told DH I would be bring my sewing THINGS. He almost fell over when I showed up with 2 machines (my treadle came along later), and a small amt of fabric (his 1st wife didn't know a thing about sewing). What he didn't know was I have another machine at my mothers or about my sewing cave at my mothers. We live in a 2 bedroom home (small), but I know how to HIDE my new fabric. I use baskets for storage (all have lids), stack and standing in the corner of both bedrooms. Table in guestroom covers a LOT of fabric. Have inside of my rolling sewing machine bag (machine is out of the bag). I ended up pulling out another 12 yards of fabric from under the guestbed (forgot it, but it is nice and flat). As I have gone on the GREAT fabric hunt (in my house), I have found that I am going to have to put some of this extra fabric up for sale. I am just not sewing as fast as I used to.