View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Quiltgranny

Oh guess what everyone? I found some additional goodies in the lower drawer of the cabinet when I finally figured out how to open it - it was also a bit stuck.

Inside was a brand new looking box of Singer Attachments that included many different feet, a machine Manual in very good condition and a hand written note from this machine's first owner with the birthdate, etc. of the machine. Finding that note REALLY took me back in time! Holding each different attachment and looking them up in the Manual trying to match each one to their description was like going through a time warp. Wow, what a rush! :thumbup:

I learned today that the treadle belt wasn't broken at all, that it was often a belt was seen with a staple holding the two ends together. Hubby got it back on track and I took my first few pedals on the treadle. WOW WOW WOW! Now, I'm totally in love!!!! :-D

Does anyone know what the little yellow thing is in the middle of all the attachments? It is just over 3/4" long, about 1/2" wide and has two little windows on it where a number shows through. The numbers can be changed by turning each end of this thing.

Goodies I found in the lower drawer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171730[/ATTACH]

Look at all the different feet!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171731[/ATTACH]

What is the yellow thingy???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171732[/ATTACH]

Any idea what this is??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171734[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171725.jpe   attachment-171726.jpe   attachment-171727.jpe   attachment-171729.jpe