View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 05:09 AM
deedum

Wow, what a wonderful story! Yep, you are a quilter for sure. My story I guess, is I always love quilts from when I was a little girl and we would drive to my grandmother's house 3 states away. I would curl up under the quilts at nite and be so warm & fall right to sleep. I don't think my mother ever quilted (she passed away young) but she did sew. She sewed many of our clothes and could do it without a real pattern if needed. Many years later, I must of been 25 yrs old. I got busy & hand cut like you tons of blocks to make a quilt, kids came along and I got sidetracked and ended up giving the quilt blocks, books, etc to someone who made lapquilts for the nursing homes.About 10 yrs later, I did this again, cut tons of blocks by hand (back before the rotary cutter) and again donated the blocks for charities of the nursing home. Just never found or took the time to do this. I had an old straight stitch Singer 15 to sew on. 3 yrs ago, children raised,and a bit more time on my hands I decide to give this another try. I went to a quilt group that was starting up, I was invited. Sounded good to me. They said go home and make two log cabin quilts block for the next meeting and even though I had to look them up on the internet to see what the heck I was doing, I have been quilting every since. 6 sewing machines, 2 sergers later in my own quilting room. I finally did it! You made a beautiful quilt & great memories!