View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 05:18 AM
xsquilter

Great story Wendy...amazing what Tim Horton's can getcha!
I've always been a sewer..taught mostly by my Mum. Growing up as one of 6 with a single parent, sewing saved a ton of money then. But it was a friend that actually "started" me into quilting. She & I were giving a baby quilt to another friend so my part was to help quilt it. HAND quilt! What?! I've never done that but she had a frame her dad had built her so there we were in her attic room hand quilting this wee quilt. It was fun but it didn't seem to move fast enough for me but it was a great time to chat up all the technicalities of quilting. Time went on & I had no time to realling "get into" quilting. Then one evening while attending to one of my pts at work, the visitor & I struck up a conversation which led to quilting! This visitor gave me the names of a couple of ladies in my area that hold quilting classes in one of the ladies home. Perfect! Being taught by true blue experts...it couldn't get better. I learned soooo much & am still learning. I don't enroll in the sessions anymore due to time constraints & already having too many WIPs in the works. But I am ever so grateful for those ladies & for a lot of the information from you wonderful people here on this board! Thank you for always sharing!
Maureen