View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 05:27 AM
litacats

Originally Posted by emerald46
What a great story! The quilt is beautiful.
I agree a beautiful story thank you for sharing it with us all.
I first started to quilt many many years ago and it was the little hand sewn hex's well that cured me of quilting almost for life.
I have always loved sewing and went from a treadle to a singer blue magic. WOW what a machine it had cams to change the stitches and I thought I was in seventh heaven. I made all our clothes on that machine even my boys first dress suits.
then I killed the machine with too much use. it just got plain worn out. then I discovered the Brother machines and for the first time I also bought an overlocker (serger) well I did sewing for just about everyone. I did alterations for anyone that knocked on my door. then I became to busy looking after what seems like a myriad of cats then mum came along and needed to be looked after so the sewing took a back seat. I started to make cards and loved that but mum hated the mess and it all ended up being stored in the shed not a very inspirational place to work. so I decided I would try quilting again nearly 45 years after my first attemp and I just love it. mum is now in a nursing home since the house burnt down and now my sewing is in the shed but my DD came over and helped me clear the shed out and now I can cut out on a huge table tho I must get DH to make it about 6 inched higher so my back doesn't ache so much. so when I am not helping him in the shed I am either on the net checking in on everyone or quilting. still waiting for the insurance to pay up so I can buy really nice machines.