View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 05:51 AM
pjemark

When my mom passed away in 2007-my aunt connie bought her entire sewing room contents from my stepdad. There were 6 of us kids from the combined family- myself being the only girl. I know that it bothered her that i didn't end up with my mom's bernina embroidery machine anyway. So she purchased it and then gave it to me. Haah! I had three kids in college and never could have began to afford to buy it. It was such a surprise that she did this. At the time, I had absolutly no interest in quilting and privately i thought what am i going to do with this? I knew that if i brought it home it would end up in the back of some closet somewhere-never used. I had a little office in town (i'm a painter and that's where i put my painting supplies and ladders etc) I cleared out a corner of the office for my machine. long story a little shorter that was 4 years ago. I have painted the office twice because my sewing room has to be bright and cheery-and my "machine"has taken over my shop. My painting supplies are now in "a corner". I love my Bernina and I love my Aunt connie for thinking of me at a time when i needed her the most. I spend hours and hours in that office sewing and quilting and I relish every minute. Every time I sit down to sew I feel like my mom is with me. I'm 50 years old so I have a great many years of sewing ahead of me-and it will be on my mom's bernina. I'll never trade up. I love it just the way it is. Thank you Aunt Connie! I love you!