View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 06:11 AM
sharkee

A co-worker and very good friend got me into quilting. One day at work about a year ago she was telling me about quilting and brought in one that she was working on and I said it was pretty but I didn't think I could do that, she laughed and said you should just go to a quilt store with me just once. Well a couple weeks later I went to the LQS that is about 50 miles away with her and I have been hooked every since. I think I made 11 quilts last year taking all sorts of classes and so far this year I am a member of Thimbleberries, making the queen size border blast quilt, also making the civil war quilt this year because the class is the same afternoon as the Thimbleberries meeting, took a hand quilting class and am just about finished with my second hand quilted project that is going to be a wedding gift and have numerous other projects on the list. Now if that pesky thing called work didn't get in the way I could do even more quilting. lol
I have to say that this group has amazing members that are so eager to help when a question is asked even if it might be a silly on by a newbie and they are so generous with their comments on projects that you show. So glad I found this site. Thanks everyone